ABIA DECIDES: Ukwa La Ngwa Council Of Elders Debunks Rumour, Insists On Adoption Of YPP’s Chima Nwafor As Sole Candidate
By Charity Uwakwe
The Ukwa La Ngwa Council of Elders has unequivocally said that they have no reason, whatsoever to withdraw their adoption of the guber candidate of Young People’s Party, YPP, Engr. Enyinnaya Chima Nwafor as their sole candidate for the governorship race in Abia State.
Rising from an emergency meeting of Ukwa la Ngwa Eminent Personalities and Trustees , (the Caucus) held at ABA Council unanimously reinforced their earlier pronouncement, stating that Engr ENYINNAYA CHIMA NWAFOR is the best among other Governorship candidates from Umunneato Ngwa.
This is contained in a statement jointly signed by Dr. Max Nduaguibe, LEADER AND CHAIMAN Ukwa la Ngwa Council of Elders, HRM King Adawaisi, Dr Eugene Nwaoha, Hon. Prince. K. O. Mgbeahuru, Elder. Godwin Azu ( Rt. Perm. Sec) and other stakeholders of the Council, and made available to famousreporters.com, today, Friday, February 10.
The statement read in detail:
At an emergency meeting of Ukwa la Ngwa Eminent Personalities and Trustees , ( the Caucus) held at ABA to review and re-evaluate our position in view of recent developments in Umunneato Ngwa the following decisions were unanimously made.
1) That nothing has happened to result to a change in our adoption of Engr ENYINNAYA CHIMA NWAFOR, of the YPP, as the sole Candidate of Ukwa la Ngwa Council of Elders.
2) That we hereby re-enforce our earlier position that Engr ENYINNAYA CHIMA NWAFOR is the most prepared, ready and willing among our Candidates in Umunneato Ngwa to run for the 2023 Governorship Election and move Abia State to the next level with programmes and actions that will benefit the generality of Ndi Abia and not just a few individuals who have milked dry Abia State and prevented any development and growth of our State, rendering Abia State a laughing stock among the States in Eastern Nigeria.
3) WE, as Elders in UKWA LA NGWA COUNCIL OF ELDERS pledge our honour and integrity behind of the YPP Governorship Candidate Engr. NANA NWAFOR and, we recommend and present him to the Abia electorate without any hesitation whatsoever.
1. Dr. Max Nduaguibe, LEADER AND CHAIMAN Ukwa la Ngwa Council of Elders
2. HRM King Adawaisi
3. Dr Eugene Nwaoha
4. Hon. Prince. K. O. Mgbeahuru
5. Elder. Godwin Azu ( Rt. Perm. Sec)
6. Elder Chief G. C Ekpendu
7. Hon Endy Ogalabu
8. Sir Dr. Marizu Ogumka
9. Chief Charles Nwangwa.
10. Chinma Joel.
11. Nkire Sunday.
12 Chief Bama Achilefu
FOR AND ON BEHALF OF UKWA LA NGWA COUNCIL OF ELDERS.